In today’s show we start with a little Paleo Diet satire, and then we talk about: studies that say intermittent fasting is great for weight loss but could also lead to an increased chance of heart disease. Find out why Naked Juice isn’t claiming to be “all-natural” anymore. We also discuss stem-cell beef, which is making it’s debut soon. In the Moment of Paleo segment, I answer some questions like “What is Paleo?” and “What does Humans are not Broken mean?” After the Bell, we’ve got a fantastic real-food clip featuring Michael Pollan.
Links for this episode:
- John Harris' Paleo Diet System – YouTube
- Two-Day Diets: How Mini Fasts Can Help Maximize Weight Loss : The Salt : NPR
- Skipping breakfast may be healthy way to lose weight for some – CBS News
- Skipping Breakfast: Is it Really the Most Important Meal of the Day?
- Skipping breakfast may increase heart attack risk, study finds | Science Recorder
- Prospective Study of Breakfast Eating and Incident Coronary Heart Disease in a Cohort of Male US Health Professionals
- PepsiCo Naked Juice to Drop ‘All Natural’ After $9 Million Lawsuit
- PepsiCo’s Naked Juices Have to Drop ‘All Natural’ Label After $9 Million Class Action Lawsuit | NationofChange
- PepsiCo to no longer call Naked juices 'natural'
- $320,000 lab-grown burger due for a high-profile tasting in August – NBC News.com
- Dutch researchers grow world's first test tube hamburger – YouTube
- Michael Pollan on How Reclaiming Cooking Can Make Us Healthy – YouTube
- Humans Are Not Broken – Angelo's Blog
- The Latest in Paleo Community on Facebook – Post a link or just say hi!