- 5 cups broccoli florets (about 2 large heads)
- 1 TBSP ghee or butter
- 1/2 medium-sized white onion, diced
- 10 cremini mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 cups riced cauliflower
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- Dash of salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Grease a 9×13-inch casserole dish. Set aside.
- Place the broccoli in a steamer basket and steam until tender when poked with a fork, 8-10 minutes.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, melt the ghee. Add the onions, mushrooms, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions are translucent, 5-7 minutes.
- Add the riced cauliflower and sauté for 3 minutes, or until the cauliflower just starts to soften. Remove pan from heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the chicken, coconut milk, eggs, and nutritional yeast. Add a dash of salt and pepper, along with the cooked broccoli mixture. Stir to combine.
- Pour the casserole mixture into the prepared baking dish, spreading it evenly. Bake 25-30 minutes, until bubbly and golden brown on top. Let casserole cool for 10-15 minutes before serving.