Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
2 TBSP coconut oil
12 baby onions, peeled but kept whole
1/2 medium red pepper, cut into large chunks
1/2 medium green pepper, cut into large chunks
2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
1 small butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
Sea salt, to taste
1 (14 oz) can diced tomatoes
1 TBSP tomato paste
1 (14 oz) can vegetable stock
1 large zucchini, cut into large chunks
1/2 small head savoy cabbage, cored and sliced lengthways
2 TBSP coconut cream
2 TBSP fresh cilantro, chopped, for garnish
1 lime, cut into wedges, for garnish
- Heat the coconut oil in a large soup pot over medium-high heat. Add the onions and sauté for 5 minutes, or until they start to soften and turn brown in spots.
- Add the red and green peppers. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 4 minutes.
- Add the sweet potato, butternut squash, coriander, cumin, cinnamon, and a heaping pinch of salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes
- Add the diced tomatoes, tomato paste, and vegetable stock. Stir to combine. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add the zucchini and cabbage. Cook, uncovered, an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove pot from heat and stir in the coconut cream. Season with additional salt, if desired. Spoon soup into serving bowls and garnish with chopped cilantro and lime wedges.