We’ve teamed up with our friends at PRE Brands to bring you this delicious Paleo recipe that’s perfect for the holidays.
Servings: 4-6 | Prep Time: 15 min |Active Cook Time: 10 min |Passive Cook Time: 1 hour 15 min
- 4 medium yellow onions, sliced
- 2 cups cubed root vegetables (such as carrots and rutabagas)
- 1-1/2 lb beef chuck roast (remove from refrigerator 30 minutes prior to cooking)
- 2 tsp sea salt, divided use
- 1 tsp black pepper, divided use
- 1/4 cup fresh rosemary, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh sage, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh thyme, roughly chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 500°F. Line a large roasting pan with parchment paper. Layer onions and root vegetables on the bottom of the roasting pan.
- Season the roast with 1 teaspoon of the salt and 1/2 teaspoon of the pepper, then place it on top of the veggies in the roasting pan.
- In the bowl of a food processor, place the rosemary, sage, thyme, garlic, olive oil, vinegar, the remaining teaspoon of salt, and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper. Process until well combined but still slightly chunky. Rub herb mixture over the entire roast.
- Place roast in the oven and bake for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 250°F and bake an additional 1 hour or until the internal temperature reaches 130°F on a meat thermometer. Remove pan from the oven and let the meat rest for 10 minutes.
- Pour the juices from the pan into a food processor, along with the cooked onions. Place the cooked root veggies in a bowl and cover to keep warm. Process the juices and onions until smooth, adding a little water, if needed, to thin it out. Pour gravy into a serving container.
- Carve the roast into 1/2-inch thick slices. Serve with the roasted root veggies and onion gravy.