Apples are the quintessential fruit of the autumn season, especially in desserts! Autumn-Spiced Baked Apples provide the flavors of those apple treats we all remember, without the grain- and refined sugar-filled crust.
Serves: 2-4 | Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 35 minutes
- 2 apples (such as Granny Smith or Pink Lady)
- 2 tsp ghee
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp coconut sugar
- Optional: coconut cream, pure maple syrup, or raw honey, for topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Peel, halve, and cut the cores out from the apples and place them on the baking sheet, cut-sides up.
- Use your fingers to spread the ghee evenly on the cut side of the apples.
- In a small bowl, combine the pumpkin pie spice and coconut sugar. Sprinkle evenly over the apples. Bake for 35 minutes, until apples are fork tender.
- Optional: Top apples with a scoop of coconut cream, and/or a drizzle of honey or maple syrup for extra sweetness.